Green Bay's All-Time Leading Receiver and Super Bowl Champion
1. You have some pretty good stories in the book about your time with the Packers. What is your fondest memory from your 14 years with the franchise?
-It has to be holding up that Lombardi Trophy after we won the Super Bowl. I was in my 12th year in the league at the time and had worked so hard for that moment my entire career. Finally getting to hold the trophy and bring it back to Titletown for the fans was truly something special.
2. What do your fans mean to you and why was it so important for you to play your entire career with the Packers?
-They mean the world to me. The fans showed me so much love and support from day one, even when I was a skinny seventh round draft pick from a small school in Mississippi that they had never heard of. I knew I couldn’t turn my back on them and let them down by playing for another team after they showed me unconditional love for 14 years.
3. There are a lot of very personal stories in the book. Did you hesitate before sharing these stories for the entire world to read?
-No, because I have always viewed sharing my story as an opportunity to show people who are going through a rough time in their life that there is a way they have the power to change their situation. A lot of people have only seen me on TV and might think my life is perfect. I think it’s important to show them that I have struggled and gone through some trials and tribulations too.
4. In the book, you talk about a number of hugely pivotal moments in your life. What do you think was the biggest or most important moment for you?
-It’s tough to choose just one because many wouldn’t have been possible without the others, but I would have to say the most important moment in my life was when I met my wife Betina. We were in college and I was still on the wrong path, she put her foot down and got me straightened out. Without her, I don’t know where I would be today.
5. What is one thing you want people to take away from your story?
- I want people to take away that no matter where they are from or what they are going through, nothing is impossible. If you have a dream and the determination to achieve that dream, then you can do it...no matter what obstacles are in your way.
Donald Driver’s official memoir, Driven, shares the inspiring story of his rise from living in a U-Haul trailer as a child to becoming a Super Bowl champion and one of the most beloved players in Green Bay Packers history. Driven goes on-sale October 22nd and is available wherever books are sold. For more information, go to http://donalddriver80.com/donalds-book